This page is under construction
Pupil Premium Grant
About Pupil Premium
Pupil Premium Grant/Funding is allocated to schools for children of statutory school age who are known to be eligible for Free School Meals (FSM) or children who have been eligible in the previous six years. It is also for children who have been ‘looked after’ by the local authority continuously for more than six months, and children whose parents are currently serving in the British Armed Forces. Schools receive £1,320 per child in receipt of the Pupil Premium Grant (PPG) and £2,300 for each ‘looked after’ child (LAC). Schools will be and are held accountable for how the additional funding is used to support pupils and are required to show the impact of this funding.
Free School Meals Eligibility Checker
If you think that your child may be eligible for the Pupil Premium Grant, please follow the link below.
Our School Office team will be happy to help you, in complete confidence.
Visit Free School Meals Eligibility Checker Here.
Pupil Premium Spend
In making decisions on the use of the Pupil Premium Grant/Funding our school will:-
- Ensure that Pupil Premium Funding allocated to our school is used solely for its intended purpose
- Use the latest evidence based research on proven strategies which work to narrow any attainment gaps and adapt these as necessary to meet the needs of our pupils
- Be transparent in our reporting of how we have used the Pupil Premium, so that our parents, carers and other interested stakeholders are fully aware of how this additional resource has been used to make a difference
- Encourage take up of Pupil Premium by working proactively with our parents and carers in a sensitive manner and to remove any potential barriers or stigma attached to claiming PP or FSM. In doing, so, we also recognise the vital role that parents and carers play in the lives of their children
- Be mindful of the fact that eligibility and take up of Pupil Premium does not equate with pupils being considered to be of ‘low ability’ because of their social circumstances
- Ensure there is robust monitoring and evaluation in place to account for the use of Pupil Premium, by our school and our governing body
Our Pupil Premium Strategy and Pupil Premium Impact Report 2018-2019