We currently have no vacancies. However, listed below are vacancies at our partner school.
Holy Trinity Church of England Primary School
Rickmansworth Road, Northwood, Middlesex, HA6 2RH
After School Club Play Worker
Monday – Friday (Term time only) 3pm – 6pm
15 hours per week ~ Scale 1.9 pro rata £7774.76 (FTE £19755)
The Governors of Holy Trinity Church of England Primary School Northwood are seeking to employ a dedicated, enthusiastic and reliable play worker to work closely with our Extended Services Team from April 2019.
Applications should be submitted by 4.30pm on Friday 15th March 2019 and candidates must be available for interview on 20th March 2019.
- To assist in the daily routines and duties within the After School Club under the guidance and leadership of the After School Club Coordinator.
- To embrace the school’s Christian ethos and values.
- To assist in providing safe, creative, appropriate play opportunities that will excite the children.
- To act as a key worker for Foundation Stage aged children who attend the club.
- To observe and assess children’s development and assist in keeping accurate records of their achievements.
- To provide full care for the children including a healthy, simple snack and refreshments as needed.
- To demonstrate high standards of hygiene, security and safety at all times.
- To liaise with parents/carers, informing them about the club and its activities, exchanging information about the children’s progress and encouraging parental involvement.
- Required to carry out all reasonable duties and responsibilities of the post in accordance with the school’s policies and procedures.
- Undergo and meet school conditions for a satisfactory enhanced DBS check and references.
- To have due regard for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and to follow the child protection procedures.
- Being aware of responsibilities under GDPR for the security, accuracy and relevance of information held and maintained, treating all information acquired through your employment, both formally and informally, in strict confidence.
- Any other duties of an appropriate level and nature will also be required.
- Administer First Aid as required
To contribute as an effective and collaborative member of the School Team
- Participating in training to be able to demonstrate competence.
- Participating in first aid training as required.
- Participating in the on-going development, implementation and monitoring of the club plans.
- Contributing in meetings and being a supportive member of the school team.
Specification Knowledge /qualifications
- At least NVQ level 2 in Playwork, Childcare or equivalent and/or relevant experience working with children aged 4 – 11yrs.
- First aid qualification would be expected or a willingness to obtain.
- Knowledge of the needs of children and young people and how they can be met.
- Knowledge of appropriate play activities e.g., sports, games, crafts, and practical experience of some of these activities.
- Experience in working, in either a paid or voluntary capacity in, for example, playground, play centres or an equivalent play setting.
Aptitudes, skills and competencies
- Ability to work within an efficient team.
- Ability to be pro-active and use own initiative.
- Flexibility to take account of changing priorities and circumstances.
- Emotional resilience in working with challenging behaviours.
- Appropriate attitudes to use of authority and maintaining discipline.
- Very good written and verbal communication skills and basic IT skills.